Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's Been A While...And Bison Sliders!

Greetings strangers! I have still been cooking up a storm, just not inspired to photograph the food, until now! I am back!

Ok, these burgers had to been the best I have ever made. Ever. Oh my. Totally worth spending a little extra on the buffalo meat, for flavor AND health reasons. Also, it didn't make putting as little cube of cheese and a pat of butter in the middle feel so naughty. Ready for the recipe now?

As always, when I cook, I do not measure. So I am totally guessing here. You adjust the seasoning to your liking.

Bison Sliders (makes 6)
1 lb ground bison
a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce ( I recommend Annie's Organic ...so much flavor and a little thicker)
2 T oats
1/4 C of finely diced onions
1/3 C chipped spinach leaves
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
6 pats of butter
6 small cheese cubes (I used cheddar)
S&P
6 buttered slider buns (I found organic potato slider buns that were yum)
Toppings of your choice....my sauce was equal parts of ketsup, mustard and Worcestershire

Combine bison with everything down to the minced garlic. split evenly into 6 balls. Poke a hole into each ball and put in butter and cheese, then cover it up. Let sit in fridge for a little bit to get happy.
Since Bison is so lean, you need to grill it to medium rare MAX....otherwise you will have hockey pucks. Don't be squeamish here, rare is best. So.much.flavor. Once grilled to desired doneness, let them sit while you grill the buns. Top with your desired toppings and chow down. 

You can thank me later.

P.S. A thank you to my friends Donna Dear and her hubby Jeff for introducing my family to the awesomeness of Buffalo. Really.




 Aren't they beautiful?

Drool

No comments: